Here are some interesting facts from the EEOC’s 2013 performance report (for the period from October 2012 to September 30, 2013):
- The EEOC received 93,727 private sector charges of discrimination.
- The average time for the EEOC to investigate claims and bring charges to resolution was 267 days.
- $372.1 million dollars in monetary relief was obtained, which is $6.7 million more than in fiscal year 2012.
- The EEOC filed 131 merits lawsuits: 89 individual suits; 21 non-systemic class suits; and 21 systemic suits.
- 209 merits lawsuits were resolved for a total monetary recovery of $39 million dollars.
More facts about the EEOC’s performance in 2013 can be found in the report: http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/plan/upload/2013par.pdf