On May 26, 2020, L&I adopted an emergency rule: WAC 296-800-14035 – 2019 Novel coronavirus prohibited business activities and compliance with conditions for operations.
Under the emergency rule:
- Employers must not allow employees to perform work where a business activity is prohibited by an emergency proclamation.
- Employers must comply with all conditions for operation required by emergency proclamation, including Safe Start phased reopening requirements for all business and any industry specific requirements.
Today, the Division of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH) released Basic Employee Training on COVID-19 Infection Prevention to provide employers the Template framework to meet their obligation under Washington safety and health rules to train employees on COVID-19 Transmission and their specific worksite policies.
The basic COVID-19 employee training provides essential information about COVID-19 including:
- What it is
- What to do if you feel sick
- Who is at risk at work
- How to protect yourself
- Employer obligations to protect workers
- Worker rights, and
- References to other COVID-19 resources.
The training presentation is here: CoronavirusEmployeeTraining